This article is based on the Exchange 2013 Preview release and is subject to change when Exchange 2013 reaches RTM. Do not attempt to install Exchange 2013 Preview in a production environment.
According to a quick check of my test systems, the Test-* cmdlet count for each of the current versions of Exchange is as follows:
- Exchange 2007, 17 cmdlets
- Exchange 2010, 29 cmdlets
- Exchange 2013, 32 cmdlets
Between Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2013 the changes are as follows.
New cmdlets in Exchange Server 2013:
- Test-MigrationServerAvailability – relates to migrations to Exchange online
- Test-OAuthConnectivity – tests OAuth authentication to an application
- Test-SiteMailbox – tests connectivity between the site mailbox and SharePoint, as well as verifying correct permissions
- Test-TeamMailbox – I can’t find information on this one yet but it appears to perform similar tests to Test-SiteMailbox
Cmdlets removed in Exchange Server 2013:
- Test-ExchangeSearch – presumably this is no longer required with the switch to FAST search in the 2013 servers