Exchange Server 2013 delivers a number of new features as well as improvements on existing features that are already familiar to those who have worked with Exchange Server 2010.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Reduction in server roles from five to three; Client Access server, Mailbox server, and Edge Transport server.
- New streamlined Outlook 2013 and Outlook Web App user interfaces, and offline access for OWA.
- No more Exchange Management Console, all administration is now performed using the new web-based Exchange Administration Center and the Exchange Management Shell (using PowerShell 3.0).
- Improvements to high availability features and manageability.
- Public folders are now stored in mailbox databases and can take advantage of Database Availability Groups for replication and high availability.
- Data loss prevention capabilities that can be integrated into Transport Rules
Getting Started with Exchange Server 2013
Exchange Server 2013 is available as a trial download so that you can install and try it yourself.
- Download Exchange Server 2013 from Microsoft
- Installing Exchange Server 2013 Pre-Requisites on Windows Server 2008 R2
- Installing Exchange Server 2013 Pre-Requisites on Windows Server 2012
- How to Install Exchange Server 2013
- Installing an Exchange Server 2013 Edge Transport Server
Exploring Exchange Server 2013
- Understanding Exchange Server 2013 Server Roles
- Exchange Server 2013 Management Tools
- SSL Certificates in Exchange Server 2013
- Mail Flow in Exchange Server 2013
- Transport Rules in Exchange Server 2013
- Room and Equipment Mailboxes in Exchange Server 2013
- Exchange Server 2013 Database Availability Group
- Upgrading to Exchange Server 2013
- Installing Exchange 2013 Cumulative Updates
- Exchange Server 2013 Books
- Rebuilding Content Indexes for Exchange Databases
- Exchange Best Practices: Datacenter Activation Coordination Mode
- Monitoring Exchange Server Health with Amazon Web Services Route 53
- Using Exchange Transport Rules to Add Email Signatures to Messages
- Configuring the TLS Certificate Name for Exchange Server Receive Connectors
- Adding New Email Addresses for Multiple Mailbox Users
- Exchange Best Practices: Mailbox Storage Quotas
- Exchange Best Practices: Deploying Multi-Role Servers
- Exchange Analyzer v0.1.1-Beta.2 Released
- Exchange Analyzer v0.1.0-Beta.1 Released
- Exchange Best Practices: Client Access Namespaces
- Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 11 Released
- Performing a Like for Like Exchange Server Migration
- Podcast Episode 12: High Availability with Michael Van Horenbeeck and Steve Goodman
- PowerShell Function to Connect to Exchange On-Premises
- Managing Exchange Server Mailbox Quotas
- Podcast Episode 9: Running Exchange in the Real World with Phoummala Schmitt
- Podcast Episode 8: The Preferred Architecture with Mike Crowley
- Troubleshooting Email Delivery with Message Tracking
- Service ‘WMSVC’ Failed to Reach Status ‘Running’ On This Server
Make sure you’ve subscribed to the Exchange Server Pro newsletter to get the latest news, tips, tricks and tutorials for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013.