Exchange Server 2013 delivers a number of new features as well as improvements on existing features that are already familiar to those who have worked with Exchange Server 2010.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Reduction in server roles from five to three; Client Access server, Mailbox server, and Edge Transport server.
- New streamlined Outlook 2013 and Outlook Web App user interfaces, and offline access for OWA.
- No more Exchange Management Console, all administration is now performed using the new web-based Exchange Administration Center and the Exchange Management Shell (using PowerShell 3.0).
- Improvements to high availability features and manageability.
- Public folders are now stored in mailbox databases and can take advantage of Database Availability Groups for replication and high availability.
- Data loss prevention capabilities that can be integrated into Transport Rules
Getting Started with Exchange Server 2013
Exchange Server 2013 is available as a trial download so that you can install and try it yourself.
- Download Exchange Server 2013 from Microsoft
- Installing Exchange Server 2013 Pre-Requisites on Windows Server 2008 R2
- Installing Exchange Server 2013 Pre-Requisites on Windows Server 2012
- How to Install Exchange Server 2013
- Installing an Exchange Server 2013 Edge Transport Server
Exploring Exchange Server 2013
- Understanding Exchange Server 2013 Server Roles
- Exchange Server 2013 Management Tools
- SSL Certificates in Exchange Server 2013
- Mail Flow in Exchange Server 2013
- Transport Rules in Exchange Server 2013
- Room and Equipment Mailboxes in Exchange Server 2013
- Exchange Server 2013 Database Availability Group
- Upgrading to Exchange Server 2013
- Installing Exchange 2013 Cumulative Updates
- Exchange Server 2013 Books
- Can Exchange 2013 and Exchange 2016 Servers Be Added to the Same Database Availability Group?
- Is Microsoft Outlook for iOS and Android the Best Mobile Email App for Business and Enterprise Users?
- Using Dynamic Public IP Addresses for Exchange Server
- Use Admin Audit Logging to Track Changes Made by Administrators
- Troubleshooting SMTP Connectivity from External Senders
- Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 10 Released
- The Hunt for Missing Emails in an Exchange Server Environment
- Get Distribution Group Member Counts with PowerShell
- PowerShell Scripts for Your Exchange Server Toolkit
- Enabling External Users to Book Exchange Room Calendars
- PowerShell Script to Configure Exchange Server Client Access URLs
- Renewing an SSL Certificate for Exchange Server 2013
- PowerShell Script to Generate Antivirus Exclusions List for Exchange Server 2013
- PowerShell Script to Report RBAC Role Group Membership
- Managing Shared Mailbox Sent Items Behaviour in Exchange Server 2013 and Office 365
- Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 9 Released
- How to Build an Exchange Server Test Environment
- MS15-064 – Important Security Update for Exchange Server 2013
- FAQ: Configuring a Mailbox to Allow Only POP3 Access
- Get-MailboxReport.ps1 V1.03 is Now Available
Make sure you’ve subscribed to the Exchange Server Pro newsletter to get the latest news, tips, tricks and tutorials for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013.