Unhappy Move Mailbox fails

Hi,

when I try to move a specific mailbox from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 it fails with the following error:

14.05.2012 22:51:51 [Servername] Transient error SourceMailboxAlreadyBeingMovedTransientException has occurred. The system will retry (1/60).
    Error details: Couldn't switch the mailbox into Sync Source mode.
    This could be because of one of the following reasons:
    Another administrator is currently moving the mailbox.
    The mailbox is locked.
    The Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service (MRS) doesn't have the correct permissions.
    Network errors are preventing MRS from cleanly closing its session with the Mailbox server. If this is the case, MRS may continue to encounter this error for up to 2 hours - this duration is controlled by the TCP KeepAlive settings on the Mailbox server.
    Wait for the mailbox to be released before attempting to move this mailbox again.
    bei Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationService.Local Mailbox.Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationServi ce.IMailbox.SetInTransitStatus(InTransitStatus status, Boolean& onlineMoveSupported)
    bei Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationService.Mailb oxWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass20.<Microsoft.Exchange. MailboxReplicationService.IMailbox.SetInTransitSta tus>b__1f()
    bei Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationService.Execu tionContext.Execute(GenericCallDelegate operation)
    bei Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationService.Mailb oxWrapper.Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationSer vice.IMailbox.SetInTransitStatus(InTransitStatus status, Boolean& onlineMoveSupported)
    bei Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationService.MoveB aseJob.<StartMove>b__19(MailboxMover mbxCtx)
    bei Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationService.MoveB aseJob.ForeachMailboxContext(MailboxMoverDelegate del)
    bei Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationService.MoveB aseJob.StartMove(Object[] wiParams)
    bei Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationService.Commo nUtils.CatchKnownExceptions(GenericCallDelegate del, FailureDelegate failureDelegate)
    Error context: --------
    Operation: IMailbox.SetInTransitStatus
    OperationSide: Source
    Primary (9719a8f9-5fa6-45ea-be37-f7b50cf216ac)
    I tried to move the database within Exchange 2007 to another database and the it tells me the follwing error:

Move-Mailbox : Error was found for LastName, GivenName (G.LastName@maildomain.com) because: Error occurred in the step: Opening source mailbox. Unable to lock mailbox with error: An unknown error has occurred., error code: -1056749257
    I already checke the permissions on the ad-object and made sure inheritable permissions are allowed. I tried to give the user, who tries to move the mailbox full access to the mailbox. The user is exchange organization admin and domain admin.

Has anyone another idea, what to check to make this mailbox move run?

What I not have tried but what I will in the last if nothing else works is:
    1. Export the mailbox contents to pst
    2. disable the mailbox on 2007
    3. create a new mailbox for the user on 2010
    4. import the pst to the new mailbox

or

1. disable the mailbox on 2007
    2. create a new ad object for the user
    3. connect the disabled mailbox to the new user
    4. try to move the mailbox to 2010

But this I only will do if nothing else works... I hope someone has a nice idea for me.

Some hundred mailboxes are already moved from 2007 to 2010. Most of them without problems. Some had the problem of deactivated permission inheritance.

Thanks in advance
    Harry

Moving the mailbox to 2010 after attaching it to a different AD User does not work.

Any other ideas than "export-mailbox" and "import-mailbox"?

Thanks in advance
    Harry

Exchange Server Pro
    SourceMailboxAlreadyBeingMoved
    Is there an existing mailbox move request already running or in existence for that mailbox?
    Paul Cunningham
    Exchange Server MVP
    MCTS/MCITP Exchange Server 2007/2010

Connect: Twitter | Google+ | Linkedin