Microsoft has released Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2.
Note: possible issue with UR3 described in this forums thread. The issue is acknowledged in the comments here but appears to have little or no impact other than excessive “user setting preferredsite not available” Event Log entries.
From the Microsoft Exchange Team blog:
Earlier today, the Exchange CXP team released Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 to the Download Center.
This update contains a number of customers reported and internally found issues. See KB2685289 Description of Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 for more details.
Note: Some of the following KB articles may not be available at the time of publishing this post.
In particular we would like to specifically call out the following fixes which are included in this release:
- KB2689810 Meeting Requests bodies get rendered in plain text in Outlook when created via Exchange Web Services.
- KB2674445 Need the function to check ACL consistency during moving mailbox.
- KB2700705 RpcClientAccess crashes with SocketException when UDP push notification is enabled.
- KB2705425 Memory Leak in UMWorkerProcess.exe.
- KB2698976 MRM Assistant doesnt process a mailbox with a contact created in other tenants.
You can download Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 here.
Deploying Exchange Server 2010 SP2 Update Rollup 3
The standard order of deployment for Exchange Server updates applies.
- Client Access servers, starting with the internet-facing ones. See this article for how to patch a CAS array.
- Hub Transport and Edge Transport servers
- Mailbox servers. See this article for how to patch a Database Availability Group.
- Unified Messaging servers
You can also use Exchange MVP Andy Grogan’s RUPS tool to assist with the deployment.